Star Wars The Clone Wars: Republic Heroes lets Star Wars fans young and old live out the sweeping galactic adventures of the Clone Wars. For the first time ever, players can fight as their favorite Jedi and clone troopers from the preeminent animated television series – from familiar faces like Anakin Skywalker to new heroes like Clone Captain Rex. A brand-new storyline, which bridges the gap between season one and two, takes the player on a multifaceted adventure to stop a mysterious techno assassin’s destructive plot. Built around two-player cooperative action, the accessible controls and family-friendly gameplay bring Star Wars fans across generations together like never before to fight the evil Separatists and restore peace to the galaxy.
Gameplay in Star Wars the Clone Wars: Republic Heroes is mission-based. Players can choose to approach the action as either a Jedi or a clone class character. Playing as a Jedi you have access to eight playable characters, and as a clone you play as one of a group of clones. The game was developed with co-op play in mind, which means players can more or less count on never fighting alone, which is a good thing considering the hordes of battle droids and other enemies you will face. The game also features a puzzle-solving gameplay component, as well as an upgrade system based on the collection of "Force Orbs" scattered throughout the game environment.
Weapons and Combat:
Keeping with the games' user friendly approach, the control scheme has been designed with Jedi character's lightsaber and force powers, as well as clone characters firing trigger accessible from a single input source. Because of the difference in the character classes weapons, combat differs depending on the class chosen. Due to their reliance on the their lightsabers, Jedi will mostly engage enemies at close range, although force power attacks can allow for more distance from targets. In addition, utilizing Jedi powers at point blank range players are able to engage in "droidjacking," which allows a Jedi to take control of a droid's weapons system and other abilities. On the other hand, clone character combat relies more on firepower, utilizing a variety of blaster type weapons and thermal grenades, although clones are able to acquire heavier weapons, such as miniguns and rocket launchers as the game progresses. Because of the projectile nature of these weapons clone character combat can be fought as a variety of distances.
Key Game Features:
- Experience an all-new and exciting Clone Wars storyline that bridges the gap between season one and two of the TV series as you learn more about the mysterious bounty hunter Cad Bane and hunt down the all-new Skakoan super villain Kul Teska.
- Play as your favorite Jedi heroes including Anakin Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Ahsoka Tano, Mace Windu, and Kit Fisto.
- Slice and dice your way through Separatist droids with your lightsaber and Force powers and use your agility to perform amazing leaps and navigate levels filled with interactivity.
- Turn your enemies into weapons as you commandeer droids and use their unique abilities to blast enemies and solve puzzles as a Jedi.
- Be part of an elite clone trooper squad with unique gameplay that puts firepower at your fingertips. Blast droids and unleash devastation with heavy weapons like rocket launchers and thermal detonators as Commander Cody, Captain Rex and all of your favorite clone troopers.
- Compete against a friend with in-level challenges for rewards and points to be spent to upgrade your character and unlock bonus items.