Surprise surprise, the infamously greedy Wario has another harebrained scheme to get rich… and this time, you're gonna help him. Using Dr. Crygor's invention, the Super MakerMatic 21, Wario has his eye fixed on conquering the game industry. This is where you come in. He's recruited an army of gamers, including you, to make these dreams come true. You will have access to a deep game creation toolset, a wide range of templates and the in-game assistance to micro-games expert Penny, but you'll really have to work that left brain muscle to go from lowly freelance designer to game creator extraordinaire.
The WarioWare franchise is famous for accessible, addictive gameplay through quick, fun games and WarioWare D.I.Y. is no exception with is focus on micro-games. In addition to 90 premade micro-games included on the WarioWare D.I.Y. DS game cartridge and the periodic release of additional downloadable games via a wireless broadband Internet connection, WarioWare D.I.Y. also includes the unique ability for players to create their own micro-games. This is done via an easy to understand toolset, which aids players in planning out the overall flow of the game, its graphics, music/audio and more. In doing this players can choose to create their games from scratch, utilize a set of templates or reuse game components from other created games. Regarding audio, players have several options, including using the DS microphone for recording purposes. Created games can also be shared with friends and the greater WarioWare D.I.Y. community via the DS' wireless functionality, and Nintendo will periodically announce calls for user created games in specific game categories. The best games submitted, as judged by Nintendo, will be recognized and distributed online for all WarioWare D.I.Y. owners to enjoy. Finally, WarioWare D.I.Y. also contains the ability for players to create their own four-panel comic strips when they want to take a break from game-making.
WarioWare: D.I.Y. players who also have a Wii gaming console can add another dimension to their game. By downloading the WarioWare: D.I.Y. Showcase game from Nintendo's WiiWare service, players can gain access to 72 micro-games. In addition, they also have the unique opportunity to experience the games they created with their Nintendo DS system on their TVs. Each of the elements in these new games then becomes a part of the player's toolbox. The WiiWare game also includes an unlockable multiplayer mode that lets up to four people play micro-games competitively (additional accessories required and are sold separately).
Key Game Features:
- Do it yourself by taking on the role of game designer as you create your own micro-games by crafting everything from artwork, animations, music and action instructions.
- WarioWare D.I.Y. comes with more than 90 premade games to play, but players who have access to a broadband Internet connection can wirelessly download a virtually endless supply of user-generated games, or upload their own creations to share with the world.
- When creating games, players can utilize a library of pre-made graphics and sound samples, borrow elements from other micro-games on their system, or start from scratch.
- Sharing new content is the real key to WarioWare: D.I.Y., and there are a number of ways for players to participate:
- Using a local wireless connection, friends can swap micro-games, comics and music they have created.
- After the game launches, Nintendo will regularly make new micro-games available for download to players who have access to a broadband Internet connection.
- From time to time, Nintendo will challenge WarioWare: D.I.Y. players to create games based on a specific theme. Nintendo will make the best submissions available for download to players with a wireless broadband Internet connection.
- Players can upload items to their Storage Crate in the Warehouse (wireless broadband Internet access required). These products can then be downloaded by any of the friends with whom they have exchanged friend codes.
- If you want to take a break from creating and playing games, why not try your hand at a comic strip? WarioWare: D.I.Y. includes all the tools artists need to compose their own four-panel comic strips.
- Integration with the Wii gives players access to additional games, allows for importing of created WarioWare D.I.Y. games into the Wii environment and contains an unlockable multiplayer mode.