On your marks and get set for the world's greatest sporting event as Mario and Sonic head to the London 2012 Summer Olympic Games. Coming exclusively to 3DS for handheld play, Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games is an all new celebration of the Olympic spirit hosted within the truly iconic setting of London and bringing even more multiplayer fun and excitement to friends and families everywhere.
As in earlier releases in the Mario & Sonic Olympic series, the 2012 London game features characters from both the Nintendo and Sonic game universes, arrayed into Team Mario and Team Sonic allowing players to compete as their favorite characters in real world sporting events. Events found in the game include those seen in 2007's Bejing-themed Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games, along with new events such as balance beam, 20K race walk and the 100 meter breaststroke. Several of these new events utilize 3DS functionality to heighten the gameplay experience. For example, in the 100m breaststroke players must use the 3DS microphone to provide oxygen to participates as they come up for air, while in the balance beam event the gyroscope inside the 3DS challenges players to maintain their player character's balance. The game also ensures that players can share the competition and fun of the games with friends through its multi-card four-player wireless multiplayer support.
Key Game Features:
- Bring a whole new dimension to the Mario & Sonic universe as you enjoy a huge range of over 50 Olympic-themed events in glorious 3D
- Make the most out of the unique touch panel and circle pad controls, as well as the 3DS internal gyroscope as you tilt, blow, shout, tap and more to compete for the coveted gold medal
- Play as the full cast of characters in a fully immersive single player story mode
- Take on the team of Dr. Eggman and Bowser in an all-new exciting adventure
- Four-player multi-card wireless support