In Red Steel 2 Wild West gunplay and Samurai skill with the blade collide head on. Set in a desert-bound, high-tech metropolis a swordsman with no name is nearly all that is left of the once powerful Kusagari-clan. A clan known as "the Jackals", lead by one known as "Payne", are responsible and now it is the Swordsman's duty and your to avenge the fallen Kusagari.
Red Steel 2 is a single player first-person shooter developed exclusively for Wii and designed to utilize the Wii Remote's optional MotionPlus technology. Players will pick up the Wii Remote and swing it freely as the sword on-screen follows their precise movement – and even measures the strength of their swing. With this added ability of the Wii MotionPlus to sense the strength of a swing, you will literally be able to make an impact on your adversaries through power and precision and even engage multiple pistol-packing enemies at once, deflecting bullets with precise sword strokes. Along with less stylish actions, players rack up points through executing combos, finishing moves and other actions as members of the rival Jackal clan are eliminated. Additional abilities and weapons are earned or are available for purchase as victories pile up.
Key Game Features:
- Be the Swordsman - Embody a lonesome fighter, a man of few words with a shaded past full of mystery. Face various, and increasingly stronger, enemies and defeat challenging bosses in epic and intense fights.
- Immersive, Edgy Western Setting - Visit various locations through a remote mixed metropolis in the middle of the American desert, where Eastern culture and Western culture have been smashed together into a hodgepodge jumble: Caldera. You will discover the game’s immersive background and environment as you make your way through the adventure.
- Precision control Using Wii MotionPlus - The Wii MotionPlus provides 1:1 recognition where the sword and gun movements are precisely replicated within the game. Slash the villains the way you want. Plus Wii MotionPlus measures the power of your swing. The harder you swing the Wii Remote, the harder the sword swings in the game.
- Close Combat System - Feel like a powerful master swordsman and gunslinger thanks to the first-person view that puts you in the middle of the action. Fight up to six enemies simultaneously and feel the power and freedom to use your sword or your gun at any time. Master numerous combos with your sword and your gun ranging from triggering exciting finishing kills, parrying enemy attacks, or even deflecting bullets with your sword.
- Upgradable Arsenal - Upgrade you arsenal of katanas, guns and abilities as you rack up victories against the Jackal clan.