As with the previous two releases in the F.E.A.R. Franchise, F.E.A.R. 3 is a FPS with Horror gameplay. Players experience action both from perspective of Paxton Fettel - resurrected from the headshot he received in the previous game - and his brother Point Man, who was the trigger man. Since Fettel was indeed killed in the earlier encounter, his presence in the game is almost ghostlike, with he relying on a devastating range of telekinetic powers, including the ability to possess the bodies of the living in order to perform certain physical tasks. Point Man on the other hand is quite corporal and is a super soldier with expertise in a wide range of weaponry. He also has loyalties to the A.I. F.E.A.R. operatives that populate the game. The problem with this is that the operative's goal is to eliminate the growing power of Alma, the mother of both Point Man and Paxton Fettel. Because of this layers will face choices that will pit duty against family loyalties. Both characters have access to mech units encountered throughout the game.
F.E.A.R. 3 also features an impressive range of multiplayer options. The first of these is a co-op mode that allows one player to take on the powers of Fettel, while the other assumes those of Point Man as they work together during an uneasy truce. An additional multiplayer mode is available that tests your ability to work together under stress and constant fire to get your squad from point A to point B as a unit.
Key Game Features:
- Divergent Co-op: Deep, social gameplay that gives players distinctly different abilities
- Experience the Almaverse: New sinister enemy creatures birthed in Alma's warped mind spill into reality
- Generative Scare: Increases the feeling of isolation and unpredictability by offering new experiences each time
- Masters of Horror: Legendary director John Carpenter and writer Steve Niles provide their expertise on cinematics and story
- Multiplayer: A twist on classic multiplayer modes set inside the Almaverse provide an experience unique to F.E.A.R. 3.