Positive Vibes, Health, & Relaxation: All the Tools for a Great New Year!
If your New Year's resolution is centered around increasing positive vibes and mindset, focusing on health, or taking the time to relax, we've got just the right tools to help you achieve your goals! Making a change for the better can involve even the slightest change. For instance, getting a new pillow can help your goal in getting a better night's sleep. Or getting a slow cooker can promote relaxation: you relax while the Crock-Pot does the cooking! Let's take a look at some ideas that can help you reach your goals this year:
Promoting Positive Vibes & Happiness
Walt Whitman once said, "Keep your face always to the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you." Here's some tips for maintaining a positive mindset this year:
- Spend more time with family and friends. There's no doubt you'll have a great year if you share it with great people! Watch your favorite TV show alongside some company, plan an exciting day trip (you'll have something to look forward to this spring), or bake some decadent desserts in the oven.
- Dedicate a day to the special kiddos in your life like nieces, nephews, or young cousins. Do you know a little one who loves all things Disney? We bet they'll fall in love our specialty electrics and our waffle makers! You can make some scrumptious waffles in the morning, and then take the kids out for a day of fun winter activities like ice-skating, sleigh riding, or building a snowman. Come back home to watch some great family movies and make hot chocolate with a Keurig. #KeepFamilyFirst all year by enjoying the little things with those around you.
- While you're hanging out with family and friends, why not take a bunch of photos with your camera? Take silly selfies, take pics of your food, snap shots of nature! Later, you can create a scrapbook of all your photos, preserving the memories for years to come.
- Seriously... who doesn't love coffee? Start the day off with a warm cup of coffee from a coffee maker or espresso from an espresso maker.
- When you look your best, you'll feel your best. We have everything from hair dryers to water flossers in our personal care section.
- Organize your home to declutter and destress. Vacuum, clean out your refrigerator, and make more room in your pantry.
- Donate items you no longer need.
- Volunteer at a non-profit organization - helping others spreads positive vibes.
Health & Exercise
Looking to reach your fitness goals this year? We've got everything you need to fulfill your resolutions and be a better you in the new year.
- If you're into fitness and want to amp up your routine, an activity tracker could help bring things to the next level. Tracking your steps, calories burned, and activity levels can help keep you motivated and accelerate your workouts.
- Listening to your headphones while working out can help keep you motivated!
- Making a healthy breakfast smoothie in a blender helps you get all the nutrients you need. Plus, they're quick and easy to make. It's fun to experiment with different fruits such as berries, blueberries, bananas, pineapple, pears, or apples. And you can't go wrong with using frozen fruit... frozen mangoes mixed with vanilla yogurt and milk makes a delicious smoothie! Also, don't be afraid to experiment with some veggies! Yeah, it sounds gross, but you won't even taste a bit of kale or spinach mixed in with tangy fruits. Mixing in bases such as water, coconut milk, almond milk, or orange juice are delicious choices.
- Cook yourself a healthy vegetable stir fry on your range in a large non-stick fry pan. Add a splash of olive oil and experiment with lots of different vegetables. (Stir frying onions makes anything taste flavorful, so you can't go wrong with adding some chopped onion!) Other great stir-fried veggies include bell peppers, tomatoes, mushrooms, squash, and spinach. Mixing in bases such as quinoa or brown rice are delicious, healthy choices. And don't be afraid to experiment with different herbs and spices!
Therapeutic Relaxation & "Me Time"
When things get busy, don't forget to relax and designate some "me time" to destress.
- At the end of the day, sit back and RELAX in a massage chair or recliner. We have a plethora of recliners in many sizes, colors, and textures! Check ‘em out for yourself... they’re the perfect addition to a living room during the cold winter months.
- While you're relaxing and reclining, watch some TV. Put on one of your favorites movies or TV shows. Or you can play some video games and set up some snacks alongside yourself.
- Getting a good night's sleep will help you be more focused the next day (that way you're ready to conquer all your goals for the new year!) You can start by making sure you have a supportive, comfortable mattress and foundation.
- Customize your room lighting with Smart LED lighting. The Phillips Hue LightStrip Plus casts a cool glow in millions of color possibilities, adding a relaxing ambiance to your space.
Whatever they may be, we hope you reach all of your goals! Enjoy your celebrations, and we hope you have a happy and healthy new year.