Extended Warranty Service Protection Plan
If you have purchased an Extended Protection Plan, the following outlines the coverage. EXTENDED SERVICE PROTECTION AGREEMENT FOR CARRY-IN SERVICE: Bring the item to any P.C. Richard & Son Superstore, or to our Farmingdale, NY or Carteret, NJ Service Center. FOR IN-HOME SERVICE (Appliances and TV's 37" & larger): Call us TOLL FREE: (800) 696-2000.
- If P.C. Richard & Son determines your product is un-repairable, it will be replaced with a product of comparable performance, not to exceed the original purchase price. For display models, we reserve the right to issue a store credit for the original purchase price. Note: A replacement product with a lower selling price than your original product may result due to technological advances. The obligations of this agreement are fulfilled when the related product(s) has been replaced or, in the case of a display model, a store credit has been issued.
- P.C. Richard & Son agrees to provide service which includes parts and labor FREE for the life of this Agreement as shown on your sales receipt. We reserve the right to assign and/or outsource any service under this Agreement and the right to cancel the contract and issue a pro-rated refund of the original Agreement purchase price if the product does not remain in our service area.
- P.C. Richard & Son will provide service and repair the product, provided the product failure is within the parameters of this Agreement and the product has not been repaired prior, by a party not authorized by P.C. Richard & Son. This Agreement shall not provide compensation of any kind, during the product "down-time."
- Televisions 37" & larger, with in-home service, may still need to be transported to our state-of-the-art service facility at no additional charge. This may require additional time for pick-up and delivery. For in-home service, the product must be free and clear of all encumbrances (built-in walls, cabinetry, etc.), and be easily accessible to the service technician. Please note that the customer shall be responsible for any property damage and additional service expenses, if the product is not accessible as described above.
- This Agreement is a contract of warranty that covers only defects in material & workmanship. Please read the owner's manual, exercise proper care in use and storage of your product and follow the instructions. This Agreement does not cover TV viewing screens; cosmetic parts such as knobs, glass shelves/doors, plastic panels/liners; consumable items such as filters, toner cartridges, ink cartridges, belts, bags, etc. This Agreement also does not cover: damage caused by external substances (water, sand, etc.), impact damage, lightning, power surges, floods or natural disasters; product defacement; products with altered serial numbers, burned in images in television screens, insect infestation, rust, or physical damage.
- Additional service time may be required for the shipping and handling of cameras, computers, or any other product that must be sent to the manufacturers' service facility.
- Regarding cameras, camcorders, computers, disc players, and Blu-Ray or DVD players/recorders, P.C. Richard & Son shall not be responsible for damage or loss to tapes, discs, software, media, or stored data. Additionally, computer viruses/software failures are not covered under this Agreement.
- P.C. Richard & Son shall only provide reimbursement for parts or labor to a party previously authorized by P.C. Richard & Son to service the covered product. Any unauthorized service shall not be reimbursed.
- The Holder of this Agreement shall be allowed to cancel said Agreement within ninety days of issuance, provided no claims have been made. Upon cancellation, this Agreement shall be null and void and Holder shall be refunded the original Agreement purchase price.
- P.C. Richard & Son shall not be obligated to renew this Agreement, but if a renewal Agreement is offered to the original Holder, the price shall be reflective of the product age and appropriate service costs.
- This agreement excludes any pre-existing conditions, and is transferable only if product(s) remains within our servicing area.
For Small Appliances & Personal Electronics
An "Inoperable Product Replace Agreement" (IPR), provides the Holder "over-the-counter-exchange" FREE of charge, provided the product's malfunction is within the Agreement timeframe as reflected on the sales receipt. You must have your sales receipt, original carton with all packing, accessories and manuals, and no physical damage to the product. If the same model is no longer available, you will receive a product of comparable performance, not to exceed the original purchase price. For display models, we reserve the right to issue a store credit for the original purchase price. Note: A replacement product with a lower selling price than your original product may result due to technological advances. The obligations of this agreement are fulfilled when the related product(s) has been replaced or, in the case of a display model, a store credit has been issued.