• Peter Christian Richard (P.C.) an immigrant from Holland, opens a Hardware store in Bensonhurst,
• His son Alfred J. Richard (A.J.) is born.
• A.J. grows up in the business, and at age six he begins assisting his father around the store.
• In 1924, the Hardware store relocates to Ozone Park,
•At the age of 16, A.J. expands the Hardware store inventory to include electric irons; which is the
the appliance business for P.C. Richard & Son.
• In 1929, A.J. learns how to repair radios and provide service to customers.
• In 1932, A.J. expands the Hardware store inventory to include toasters, ranges, washers,
refrigerators and radios.
• On October 12, 1934, A.J. marries Victoria Himmelman. They have two sons, Peter C. in 1936 &
Gary H. in 1939.
• The P.C. Richard & Son Service Department is established in 1935 to ensure that our customers would
always be satisfied.
• In 1943, A.J. placed a 10" GE television in the window of the Ozone Park showroom for the neighborhood
to watch the Friday night fights that were broadcast from Madison Square Garden.
• P.C. retires in 1947 and A.J. continues his vision of giving customers superior service
Before, During and After the sale.
• In 1948, the first Warehouse and TV Service Department are opened at Liberty Ave and 100th Street,
Ozone Park, Queens, NY.
• In 1950, the Cambria Heights showroom opens and P.C. Richard & Son expands throughout Queens, NY.
• In 1953, in Bellmore, Long Island, P.C. Richard & Son opens the first free-standing drive-in
• In that same year, A.J.`s sons Peter and Gary become full time employees.
• With the big rage being Television in the 50's and 60`s, P.C. Richard & Son is at the
both selection and the ability to offer TV Service.
• In 1967, the Plainview, Long Island showroom opens and the Warehouse and
offices are relocated from Elmont, Long Island, NY.
• In 1973, the company expands to nine showrooms.
• The Oceanside, Long Island showroom opens in 1977, and the company purchases an IBM computer
and begins modernizing the business.
• In 1980, A.J. becomes Board Chairman, Gary becomes President and CEO, and Peter becomes
Executive Vice President.
• The Hauppauge, Long Island showroom opens along with the relocation of a new 150,000 square foot
Distribution Center and Corporate Office complex.
• P.C. Richard & Son expands to nineteen showrooms.
• In 1986, P.C. Richard & Son together with Bank One, creates a credit program for customers featuring
90 Days No Interest Financing.
• By 1990, the company has 22 showrooms and added 6 more in Queens and Brooklyn, NY in 1992.
• In 1993, P.C. Richard & Son opens its first NJ Superstore in Wayne, NJ and moves its
warehouse and Corporate Offices from Hauppauge to a 650,000 square foot facility in
Farmingdale, Long Island, NY.
• In 2004, Gregg Richard is appointed President.
• In 2009, P.C. Richard & Son moves its NJ. Headquarters/Warehouse/Service Center to a
325,000 square foot facility located on the New Jersey Turnpike in Carteret, NJ.
• With the demise of a major competitor, P.C. Richard & Son opens 6 new Superstores in 2009
including its first in Connecticut.
• In early 2010, P.C. Richard & Son continues to expand throughout Connecticut, opening stores in
Milford, North Haven, Danbury, Newington, Manchester and Enfield.
• In June, P.C. Richard & Son expands south, opening their first Pennsylvania Superstore in Philadelphia.
• In late 2010, P.C. Richard & Son opens a Connecticut Warehouse, Corporate Offices and
Service Center in Bridgeport.
• The company now bridges 2 centuries and still embraces the principles it was built on...
"Honesty, Integrity and Reliability."