Any mattress that helps you sleep comfortably and wake up feeling refreshed, without pain and stiffness, is the best mattress for you. Unfortunately, there is no single mattress that works for all people, so finding your perfect mattress can be a challenge. Everyone’s bodies adjust to mattresses differently, and all have a preference to the firmness. Here is an easy guide to explain the various options you have to
Let’s start with the simple option first: size. Picking the size of the mattress should be the first thing you do. Take into consideration the size of the sleeper as well as the size of the room this mattress will be in.
Stomach sleepers often desire a slightly firmer sleeping surface so that they can keep their spine in proper alignment and prevent their back from bowing in too much.
Back sleepers generally prefer a firmer surface to provide extra support and resistance in their lumbar spine (lower back).
Side sleepers tend to want a softer sleeping surface. This allows for their shoulders and hips to receive extra cushioning and will help avoid painful pressure points in those areas.
• Firmest choice
• For sleepers who crave a hard feel
• Holds its shape
• Perfect for maximum support
• Ideal for back sleepers
• Happy balance
• Provides additional comfort & cushion
• Little bit of extra padding for additional support
• Ideal for a cushioned, cradling sleep surface
• Most popular with smaller and lighter individuals
• Ideal for those who require less support
• Ideal for smaller-built individuals that require less support
• Several inches of high-quality comfort materials
• Often made with a blend of memory foam and latex
The inside of the mattress is just as important as the outside. How it’s constructed determines the level of support that you experience when you lay down for a good night’s sleep. Different types of mattresses are made with different types of support systems.
• Two components: an innerspring unit for support and upholstery layers
• Available in a variety of firmness and comfort levels
• Provide individualized comfort by contouring to your body
• Does not transfer motion
• Combination of an innerspring system and high density specialty foam layers
• Specialty foam layers give you comfort and pressure relief
• Innerspring system gives you traditional support
• Conforms to the shape of your body
• Spreads pressure to reduce pressure points
• Absorbs any movement so motion will not be transferred to the other side
• Looks like a pillow is lying on top of the surface of the mattress
• Feature additional padding stitched on top of the mattress
• Offers more comfort, cushioning and padding
• Promotes proper alignment and support the body needs
• Standard design with all-over stitching patterns
• Compresses each layer of padding and cushioning into one interconnected design
• Firmer feel
Did you know?
The average human perspires up to 2 liters of moisture a night. Mattress protectors can protect your health & your investment of your new mattress.
• Must purchase your mattresses matching foundation- they are designed to work best together
• Allows you to customize your mattress position by using a remote control
• Compatible with most innerspring and foam mattresses