Is a Hybrid Mattress Right for You?
As with most essential everyday products, mattresses are available in a wide range of styles to cater to virtually anyone’s needs. One of the more recent developments in the mattress industry is the hybrid mattress. These versatile creations fuse the lush comfort provided by memory foam with the time-tested support delivered by innerspring mattresses. The result? A product that cuts down on its components’ negative aspects while bringing their benefits to the forefront. Keep reading to learn more about hybrid mattresses and to decide whether they’re right for you.
How Do Hybrid Mattresses Work?
Like traditional innerspring mattresses, hybrid mattresses provide resiliency and support via coiled metal springs. But these springs, which are often individually pocketed, tend to be surrounded by a layer of soft, supportive foam. On the top side of the mattress, additional layers of foam – often made of slightly different materials – are integrated to offer a more custom, contoured feel than the typical innerspring mattress.
How do You Know if You Should Buy a Hybrid Mattress?
Thinking of searching for a new mattress? A hybrid mattress might be just what you need to lock in all-night comfort for years to come. Before deciding on a hybrid mattress, ask yourself the following questions:
- Are you a fan of the softness of memory foam, but hesitant to purchase an all-foam mattress due to their tendency to be warmer than other mattress styles?
- Do you enjoy the support of spring mattresses, but dislike the noise and motion transfer that comes with them?
If your answer to either of these questions is yes, you may be a good candidate for a hybrid mattress. In this case, it's time to start the buying process by evaluating all the available options.
How do You Choose the Best Hybrid Mattress?
Opting to seek out a hybrid mattress is a good way to start your mattress search, but you might still be wondering – what exactly makes a good hybrid mattress? Several factors come into play. Here’s what to look for:
- Foam layers: Most hybrid mattresses on the market today are outfitted with several layers of foam on top to deliver optimal comfort. But the materials the layers are made from ranges from typical memory foam to latex and beyond. That's why it's important to test out the mattresses that seem appealing whenever possible to ensure that they provide the feel you’re searching for.
- Cooling features: Do you struggle to keep comfortably cool at night? Shop for hybrid mattresses made with latex or gel foam, which usually feature cooling capabilities. Plus, certain brands offer proprietary cooling technologies, and these features are always worth checking out.
- Coils: Mattress coils can be constructed in various designs, and each coil style is crafted to provide a certain feel or performance feature. If support is your main concern, make sure to look for a hybrid mattress with thicker coils in the center area to cradle you in comfort.
If you’ve never been able to find precisely what you desire in an innerspring or memory foam mattress, then a hybrid mattress may be a dream come true. But make sure to do your research before shopping, as there are many options to consider and not all brands define hybrid mattresses the same way. Build a bed for better sleep with a brand-new hybrid mattress to feel more rested, refreshed and ready for your busy days.