Get Healthy With Ninja –Dip and Spread Recipes
Posted on February 24, 2014 by Jennifer
The NINJA® Culinary Team has created and developed delicious and nutritional recipes with YOU in mind. We would like to share with you some of our personal favorite recipes!
Skinny Buffalo Dip
- 1/2 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
1/2 cup low fat sour cream
2 tbsp. buffalo sauce (mild or hot)
1/2 tsp. minced garlic
Blue cheese crumbles (optional, for topping)
- Place ingredients into the Single Serve Cup and blend until smooth and well combined. Transfer to a serving bowl and garnish with cheese. Enjoy with veggies or crackers. Makes 1 cup.
- Servings: 1 cup
Pineapple Cilantro Dipping Sauce
- 1 cup pineapple
1/2 small serrano chile, seeded
1/2 sweet white onion, peeled, cut in half
2 tablespoons cilantro leaves
2 tablespoons lime juice
1 tablespoon coconut oil or other oil
salt and pepper to taste
- Place all of the ingredients into the Single Serve Cup in the order listed. PULSE until smooth. Season with salt and pepper and serve or refrigerate covered for up to 2 days.
Sweet Red Pepper Spread
- 1 15-ounce can garbanzo beans, drained,
1 4-ounce jar roasted red peppers, drained, reserving 1 tablespoon to thin, if desired,
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar,
1/2 teaspoon Hungarian paprika,
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil,
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt,
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Using the Bottom Blades in the Pitcher, add all of the ingredients in the order listed.
- Select Speed 3 and flip the switch to START. Slowly increase to Speed 8 and process until smooth.
- Scrape down the sides of the Pitcher as needed.
- Serve the spread with toasted crostini or cracker rounds.
- Servings: 6-8
Chunky Kale Guacamole
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and roughly chopped
1/2 medium shallot, roughly chopped
1 1/2 cups loosely packed kale, stems removed
3 tbsp. olive oil
3 tbsp. cilantro, roughly chopped
3 tbsp. parsley, roughly chopped
1 medium jalapeno pepper, seeded and roughly chopped
3 medium ripe avocados, peeled
1 tbsp. lime juice
Salt and pepper to taste
- Place the garlic, shallot, kale and one tablespoon of olive oil into the 40 oz. Processing Bowl and pulse until fairly smooth. Add the cilantro, parsley and jalapeno and continue to pulse until all ingredients are well-combined. Transfer the mixture to a bowl and then add avocados, remaining olive oil, lime juice, salt, pepper and mash until desired consistency. Serve with chips, tacos or as a creamy substitute for sandwiches.
- Servings: 6-8
If you like these recipes be sure to check back on our blog, where we will be sharing more of our favorites! If you don't own a Ninja yet, you can browse products here!